Sunday, April 26, 2009

Are Women Too Independent?


Are Women Too Independent?

  • Are Independent Women Too Strong for today's Man?
  • Can strong women be too independent?
  • Should married women have their own bank accounts or does that mean they aren't committed to the marriage?
  • Are strong women.... married or single... TOO strong for today's man?
  • Should finances even play a part in relationships or does that kill the romance?
We have seperate bank accounts and one for house expenses. I much rather have it that way though I know a lot of people ask my why we do this. It's my Independence and I have my own earnings and don't feel I need to justify what expenses I pay. I pay for all the children's things (school supplies, lunches, sports, shoes, clothing, etc) and have my own business to run. I've set my own budget and if I want to buy a pair of shoes or pack of gum, I do so.

When we go for dinner, we go Dutch, or I'll treat or he'll treat. We have open communication in our relationship and trust me when I say it was a lot of growing pains and finding balance but after seven years, we've pretty much got all the kinks work out. Honestly, it causes less fights too and in my opinion, no, doesn't make me any less committed to my relationship.

Well that's my thoughts on that for now. It's late and just thought I'd blog because I couldn't sleep. Would love to hear your thoughts!




****Empowering Women, Inspiring Change****

No comments:

Post a Comment