Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm Really Trying but Twitter? Why the Hype?

Seriously, I try to keep myself up-to-date on technolgy-related devices and programs in this day and age but "Twitter"?

I've had my account for awhile now and log on periodically. Most recently with Ashton Kutcher and his wife Demi Moore plugging and plugging it they're making it ok for Celebrity to "tweet" and the talk shows are talking about it and making it competition. Alright so they've used their celebrity for good and bringing awareness and getting donations for mosquito netting to prevent malaria (here's the link if you want to help). For that, they get my kudos but otherwise in my opinion as Weird Al Yankovic greatly said this morning "Hello my stalkers"....he's right!

I have myspace, facebook, this blog, my website, papers, etc and I'm readily available. It's actually kind of scary when you think about it to have all your personal info out there. At one when point does this stop? It's only one social program after another, after another and I'm quite surprised at the popularity of Twitter.

Here's Twitter's account of "Why Twitter":

Why? Because even basic updates are meaningful to family members, friends,
or colleagues—especially when they’re timely.
Eating soup? Research shows that moms want to know.
Running late to a meeting? Your co–workers might find that useful.
Partying? Your friends may want to join you.
Alrighty then. Well for those that need to know, I'm Shannon Murree and with RE/MAX Chay Realty. I'm a real estate representative and I help people fulfill their dreams with residential or income properties. I have a family, have great friends and live in Barrie. I think that's all people would want to know! I don't believe I do anything that requires an up-to-date, to the second account of my daily activity like "I'm eating soup and my mom wants to know". If my friends need me they text me.

Well, if you want to find me and follow me on Twitter (I'm "RealtorChicky"), as a courtesy I will follow you back but you'll probably get more detailed info by following my blogs or find me on facebook.

There's no way to figure out whom are imposters or real celebrities except for the obvious ones promoting themselves. Otherwise, if you're big on Twitter and "get it", great but otherwise I think I have more important things to do than spend every second there and think my clients, friends and family will be much more happier with me being available to them in person and be productive.

On another note, hmmm....stock options?

Much success always!
***Empowering Women, Inspiring Change****

No comments:

Post a Comment